Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ruby Owl - hand crafted baby and toddler wear

I have been thinking about blogging for awhile now and decided that this is the best way for me to keep in contact with my family and friends both in Canada and here in Australia. As most of you know I am an avid knitter but, was becoming uninspired and so one day in January I bought a sewing machine which was a rather scary investment since I had never sewn, not even a button on a shirt. So it was a of a bit a daunting experience, further complicated by trying to understand the instructions which were badly translated from another language. However, I was not going to give up, not after spending all that money, and am happy to say and a little surprised that it has all turned out rosy! I persevered and by doing so have come up with a line of babies and toddler wear that people like, I mean actually LIKE. I loved what I was making but, the real test was putting it out there and thankfully I have had great feedback and success at my local markets so thank you to whatever voice in my head possessed me to buy the sewing machine on that hot January day because I am once again INSPIRED and that's a good thing. Oh, and I do still knit.

8 comments:

Fandy said...

Congratulations on starting your new venture...I can feel your excitement for all-things-sewing in your writing...

I'll get to work on that header!

Chrissy said...

Wow Ally you have ben busy!!! Wishing you an exciting and rewarding journey. You are amazing! I can still remember your determined face at my wee unit in Alstonville as you sat with knitting needles learning, now look at you! I'd love to have a good catch up soon.

georgi said...

Congratulations Al!! You are soon to be an inspiration to all!! I'm so proud of you!!
Love of Love and Best Wishes!!!
Georgi

Hugh said...

WOW....WHAT MORE CAN I SAY....WOW...WAY TO GO ALLY!!!
DAD

Unknown said...

Ally, who knew you had this hidden talent. We are so proud of you and wish you luck in your future endeavours. Love Mom & Dad

Elaina said...

Looking good Al! We are all very proud of you! Love The Cookies

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally. My name is Tahnya from Sydney. Today I saw my girlfriend's daughter wearing a beautiful pair of your bloomers. I would really like to purchase a few pairs but do not know how. I am hoping that you have a website in progress? If not please tell me how I can purchase your products. Please reply to missamerricka@gmail.com. Thank you.
Tahnya Merrick

GFM Painting said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Toddler Clothes