Saturday, March 22, 2008

Feeling creative




My two favourites at the moment the Japanese fabrics and this very cute mushroom fabric. The taggie above I made for a customer and so loved how soft the underside was I am thinking of making them as blankets (cradle size). I had stopped doing patchwork bibs as they took more time but, was happy to do one again and liked how the combination worked here. As for Sage, I keep telling her to stop growing up, she needs to stay my baby so she can be my special model, she is not listening she is growing and rather quickly at that and now only jsut fits into my size 2-3 clothes. I might have to start making them bigger. It all comes down to time though there never seems to be enough of it, I already feel guilty sewing when the kids are up and around so that leaves only the night time and too many 3am bed times is playing with my mind! I love it though, and have 2 markets this weekend and its those that I really love, getting out there and talking to people, getting feedback and looking at other peoples creativity I love it! Happy Easter to all who celebrate.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Ohhh, that little mushroom on the back of the top just completes it so well. I just LOVE your gorgeous work!

Em

Precious Pink Pumps said...

Delicious. You are so clever.

Fandy said...

Hey Ally:

You should do baby slings! Vev was given one as a present and when she traded it in to get another size she saw the price of $66!!! Incredible. Remember in HK all the grand-mothers and mothers carrying their babies in the slings or on their backs? Well, they're not paying $66.

Talk soon,

Fraser