Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Skirts

Ok so just to break from the norm, I decided to make a few different things. Last week I made a nice heavy beige linen dress with a bold green trim that crosses in the back and can be adjusted to fit both girls and a dark linen skirt with a lotus I embroidered. I will photograph those items later when I can get some good shots of the girls. Photographed here are 3 skirts I made for the markets, the pinafores always sell the best but, I thought it would be fun to try something new so I spent yesterday sewing these and they were well received I sold the mushroom one and have an order for another in some different fabric. They, like the tops are also reversible, the reverse of the mushroom one is a pink polka dot body and mushroom waistband.

This skirt is a bit big for Sage (sized more for a 4 to 5 year old) and obviously did not make her happy or was it just me brandishing the camera in her face over and over and still left with no great shots. If only I had the photography talent of the amazing Sheye! Ok, now back to getting some orders made I have been a bit behind but, will get all caught up this week, I hope!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Allison,
Very cute skirts, I am planning to complete my tag and email you in the next couple of days for the swap. Life been a bit busy last couple of weeks and computer time limited.

Cheers

Feexx

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

Hi Allison,

Those skirts are as gorgeous as your kiddo's. Just so cute!

Em