Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ava's sweet lesson


Here she is little Miss Sage as happy as can be because she was allowed to wear as many hair ties as she deemed necessary to make her hair appear, well, just perfect. I suppose a few months ago I would have told her "no too many it looks silly" but, not now and this is because of the beautiful angel, Ava Rosemeyer. A while back I read one of her mom, Sheye's, blog entries about how Ava came out of her room dressed in 7 skirts and at first her mom was thinking of all the extra ironing and putting away she would have to do, but Ava saw absolutely nothing wrong about her decision to wear 7 skirts, to her this seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do and in fact was quite happy with how she looked, and I am sure she looked divine. Her mom agreed and now many moms around the world who have read that sweet story probably all agree whether it applies to 7 skirts, or 12 hair ties, if it gives their child pleasure then who are any of us adults to stop it. No longer a conformist, I am quite happy to see what my kids pull together each day (ok maybe I still have some ground rules but, not much). And this hair idea of Sage, well it actually started this morning with 2 skirts and a dress and I would have let her go to the movie like that but, in the end she decided to wear jeans like her sister, after I pulled her hair back in one hair tie, she looked at me a bit perplexed and said "more clips" so 12 clips and hair ties later we were set. I get that it looks somewhat unorganised and yet on her I thought it looked awfully cute. Thanks Ava, because of your 7 skirts rule I learned a very simple and rather cute lesson!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Allison,
I agree I read the Ava story and was very touched. Sometimes we want to try and take the child out of our children and we are so worried about what other people think they look like. I had a similiar thing with the day Issi painted her face with makeup, I took her to the gym like that as she thought she looked beauitful. A few months back I would have made her take it off. Hope your having a good week,

Cheers

Fiona

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.