Thursday, April 10, 2008

Scary Fairy

The other day Ruby had a class party to mark the end of term and for all their good behaviour. They were told it was a dress up party and in a last minute scramble, (I am always running on last minutes), we came up with this, our version of a scary fairy. She loved how she looked and loved her hair, she told me it was flat in the afternoon because all the other kids wanted to touch it. My first daughter is growing up and although still loves pink, is no longer content to keep it at that. She likes to spice things up a bit and add her own flair, she generally picks out all her own clothes now, loves a funky pair of jeans and her wardrobe has gained a lot more colours, even black.
A scary fairy? Do they come more beautiful then this?

Love you Rubes!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

swhelan said...

Allie -

I love all of your creations. They are beautiful. I cannot wait to tell everyone here about your site. You are sooooo creative and you should be so proud of yourself. They are gorgeous. maybe this will inspire me to get something going. Keep up the great work. They are awesome.

Hugs and kisses to all.

Susan

Fiona said...

Hi Allison,
Ruby does certainly look scary, but still very beautiful. You did a good job on the late minute pull together, sometimes there the best. Where do you get a lot of your fabric? love your taste,

Cheers for now,
Fiona

Rubyellen said...

Hi! I came to your blog because it was named Ruby and my name is Ruby too! You have such lovely daughters and make beautiful things!!! I love your daughter's scary fairy. She really is the prettiest scary fairy i have ever seen. She is so scary and pretty at the same time! I love the teased hair!!!